Carlin Dunne (4:09.550) has topped the time sheets during day 1 of qualifying at the 2019 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado aboard the Spider Grips Ducati Streetfighter V4 prototype. He is competing in the Exhibition Powersport class and finished nearly six seconds ahead of his next closest competitor, Cycle News Road Test Editor Rennie Scaysbrook (4:15.006) aboard the Aprilia Tuono V4 in the Heavyweight class. The third fastest time goes to Codie Vahsholtz (4:15.775) on the Spider Grips Ducati Multistrada 1260.
Day 1 focuses on the lower half of the course, with the upper layout on the schedule for day 2. This is an excellent start for Ducati, which is also hosting its first annual “All Roads Lead to Pikes Peak” customer rally during the 97th running of the famous hill climb.
Fans who couldn’t attend the race can follow the two- and four-wheel action on the official Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) app, which is available for download here: live.sporthive.com/event/5970/App.
*2019 Pikes Peak Top 10 Qualifying Results, June 25
*1. Carlin Dunne, Ducati Streetfighter V4 prototype, 4:09.550
2. Rennie Scaysbrook, Aprilia Tuono V4 1100, 4:15.006
3. Codie Vahsholtz, Ducati Multistrada 1260, 4:15.775
4. Chris Fillmore, KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition, 4:23.377
5. Lucy Glöckner, BMW S1000R, 4:24.310
6. Akinori Inoue, Kawasaki Z900RS, 4:28.232
7. Rafael Paschoalin, Yamaha MT-07, 4:28.389
8. Robert Barber, University of Nottingham UoN-PP, 4:29.630
9. Kamil Holan, Ducati Streetfighter, 4:37.737
10. Cory West, Zero SR/F, 4:40.691