PASO ROBLES, CA July 1, 2011 -- American Beta is proud to announce the 2012 Beta Off Road RR model line up with a complete range being offered for 2012 including 350, 400, 450, and 498 versions. (498RR formerly known as the 520RR)
Beginning with the 350RR, Beta feels this is the ultimate single-track motorcycle as its ability to change direction is unmatched while still offering enough torque and power for both play riders and racers. The 350 provides a "2-stroke feel" yet still offers the traction and smooth power delivery of a 4 stroke. Returning for 2012 are the proven 400, 450, and 498 RR models that have helped put Beta on the off road map. These models continue to impress the magazines as well as the riders that own them.
2012 models will be available beginning in August/September and the popular Build Your Own Beta (BYOB) program returns for 2012 as well. Limited quantities will be available on the first shipments so customers should contact their local Beta dealer now if they wish to reserve their new RR early.
* Redesigned cylinder head including reinforced camshaft bridge, valve retainers, and updated cam chain tensioner to help reduce engine noise.
* New clutch primary gear and springs for better engagement and clutch action.
* Updated counterbalance bearings for increased reliability.
* Stronger cam chain guides
* Increased oil volume to the engine cam chain for reduced friction.
* New oil drain plug for easier oil changes.
* All new Sachs 48mm fork with TFX technology, developed by Sachs exclusively for Beta. This new design allows the fork to move through its stroke with very little friction.
* New SKF fork seals and wipers with self-lubricating compounds to also reduce stiction.
* New triple clamp to match perfectly with the new front fork.
* Redesigned frame with extra gussets as well as an increased tube diameter on the lower tubes. This new frame has less flex and has improved stability.
* New front and rear brake rotors.
* New Brembo clutch master cylinder for a better clutch feel and engagement.
* Redesigned muffler (Spark Arrestor) offers better flow while retaining a quiet exhaust note.
* Redesigned front headlight and front fender support
* Striking new red color for 2012