In 1907, a German company known as Dampf-Fraft-Wagen, or DKW, started out by producing engines for bicycles. In the 1920s, DKW began producing 2-stroke engines for motorcycles, and their designs went on to dominate all forms of motorcycle racing from 1922 to 1936, winning 45 championships. In 1956, DKW changed its name to Motorradwerk Zschopau, or MZ. Due to wartime conditions, MZ continued to produce engines and bikes in East Germany, but it was eventually purchased by Hong Leong Group out of Malaysia. The MZ 125 was introduced in 2002, and the 2005 version offers the same high quality and dependable performance we have come to expect from MZ.