The 2012 Ducati Diavel is fitted with a 1198cc, Testrastretta, 11-degree engine that provides superbike power in a smooth manner to ensure a comfortable ride. High performance superbike engines often compromise comfort in order to harness the power of the engine. With the engine used in the Ducati Diavel, the designers reduced the overlap angle from 41 degrees to 11 degrees to give a smoother combustion, as well as the additional bonuses of better fuel economy and lower emissions.
Rider and passenger comfort are of as much importance as the performance and look of the 2012 Ducati Diavel. As a result, the twin-level seat is wide, with a flowing design that melds with the bike, and a low seat height of just 30.3 inches. The low seat height coupled with the low slung chassis means that riders can easily place both feet securely on the ground providing improved confidence when controlling the bike.
In total, there are four different models of the 2012 Ducati Diavel available. The base model comes with bodywork in either the traditional Ducati red with red frame, or diamond black with a black frame, with black wheels. The Ducati Diavel Carbon model is available with a red carbon or black carbon color scheme on a black frame and black wheels that are tuned to show the aluminum below. The Ducati Diavel Cromo has a black gloss finish with a silver pinstripe and chrome and aluminum accents. The 2012 Ducati Diavel AMG is the flagship model and features five-spoke wheels, carbon fiber radiator grills with aluminum trim, an AMG sport-style exhaust system that features AMG engraved exhaust caps, and an AMG Alcantara horizontally ribbed seat. The AMG Special Edition has matte black carbon fibre bodywork with a white stripe and frame and black wheels.
New For 2012
- The Ducati Diavel AMG Special Edition is a new addition to the Ducati Diavel model lineup for 2012.
2012 Ducati Diavel Specs
- Model: Ducati Diavel; Ducati Diavel Carbon; Ducati Diavel Cromo; Ducati Diavel AMG
- Engine Type: 1198cc, Testastretta 11 degree, L-Twin cylinder, four valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Bore and Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.5:1
- Valve Train: N/A
- Induction: N/A
- Ignition: N/A
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: N/A
- Brakes (Front): Two 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo callipers, four-piston with ABS
- Brakes (Rear): 265 mm disc, two-piston floating calliper with ABS
- Suspension (Front): Marzocchi 50 mm fully adjustable usd forks
- Suspension (Rear): Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Sachs monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Wheelbase: 62.6 inches;
- Rake: 28 degrees
- Trail: N/A
- Seat Height: 30.2 inches
- Curb Weight: 463 lbs; 456 lbs;
- Tires (Front): 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Tires (Rear): 240/45 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- A textile cover sporting the Ducati Performance logo and a graphic based on the model sketches for the Diavel will protect the 2012 Ducati Diavel from dust when being stored.
- An adhestive carbon fiber tank protector provides effective tank protection for the 2012 Ducati Diavel while also adding to the sophisticated design.
- A low ride seat provides a lower seat height that makes dealing with the stopping and starting of city traffic that much easier to cope with by improving safety and stability.
- An 18-liter rear bag is a necessity for carrying cargo on those longer journeys, especially as the fabric is UV and solvent resistant, as well as waterproof.
Key Competitors For The 2012 Ducati Diavel
- Triumph Thunderbird Storm
- Suzuki Boulevard
- Star Raider
- Victory Hammer