TwoTwo Motorsports/Bel-Ray Racings Chad Reed found himself entrenched in a real life nightmare today with mechanical issues forcing him out of both races at the tenth round of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship in Minnesota.
In the first 450cc moto Reed was sitting fifth mid race when his CRF450 seized, forcing him back to the pits.
A first turn crash in the second race led to more problems with the bike and a premature end to what was TwoTwo Motorsports worst ever run of results.
"That was without a doubt our worst weekend since forming TwoTwo Motorsports," Reed stated.
"I felt like today I was living a really bad dream but there is no point dwelling on it.
"I am healthy and will be back for more next week. We will fight on to finish the year on a high note," he added.
Fellow Australian Brett Metcalfe won the round ahead of Ryan Villopoto and Ryan Dungey.
While Reed has retained third in the championship standings with two events still remaining, todays DNF's have put him 65 points behind championship leader Villopoto.
The penultimate round of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship will be held at Steel City Raceway on Saturday 3rd September
Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship (Rd 10 of 12) - Southwick National Results
1. Brett Metcalfe, Mannum, Australia, Suzuki (3-2)
2. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki (2-4)
3. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki (1-7)
4. Justin Brayton, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Yamaha (7-3)
5. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM (4-6)
6. Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki (6-5)
7. Justin Barcia, Monroe, N.Y., Honda (36-1)
8. John Dowd, Holyoke, Mass., Kawasaki (9-8)
9. Les Smith, York, S.C., Yamaha (8-9)
10. Kyle Chisholm, Clearwater, Fla., Yamaha (11-10)
DNF: Chad Reed, Kurri Kurri, Aus, Honda
Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Standings after Rd 10 of 12
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki - 431
2. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki - 423
3. Chad Reed, Kurri Kurri, Australia, Honda - 366
4. Brett Metcalfe, Mannum, Australia, Suzuki - 304
5. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM - 243
6. Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki - 221
7. Andrew Short, Colorado Springs, Colo., KTM - 196
8. Kevin Windham, Baton Rouge, La., Honda - 193
9. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha - 173
10. Justin Brayton, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Yamaha - 163