Long Beach, Calif. (December 14, 2011) - The Progressive International Motorcycle Shows announced the third round winners of the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show, an elite-level custom motorcycle builder competition, in Long Beach, Calif. Cash prizes and trophies were awarded to several local builders who took home top honors this past weekend.
Chris Richardson, a previous 2010 Modified Harley winner, came back this year with an outstanding custom to take home Top Street Chopper Freestyle and $3,000 in cash.
Top honors for the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show in Long Beach went to the following builders:
* Street Chopper's Freestyle: Chris Richardson from LA Speed Shop in Alhambra, CA, won with his Benji Stacks 1927 JD Frame with Knucklehead engine ($3,000 in prize money)
* Hot Bike's Modified Harley: Todd Silicato from Todd's Cycle in Huntington Beach, CA, won with his 2004 Harely-Davidson Softail ($2,000 in prize money)
* Super Streetbike's Performance Custom: Tony Sesto from Sesto Custom Cycles in Gardena, CA, won with his 2011 Yamaha R6 ($1,000 in prize money)
* Motorcyclist's Retro Mod: Stephan Lacy from Long Beach, CA won with his 1964 Triumph TR6R ($1,000 in prize money)
* People's Choice: Rudy Martinez from Chatsworth, CA, was the People's pick with his 1969 Triumph Bonneville; (trophy)
Contestants are encouraged to enter the competition at any or all of the remaining shows for a chance to win a piece of the $90,000 cash purse, more than any builder competition in the world. With more than 500 custom-built bikes on display across the country, the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show sets itself apart as the world's largest touring custom bike competition.
Attendees who voted for the "People's Choice" award were automatically entered to win a custom-built Honda Fury, sponsored by MotorcycleUSA.com. The customized Honda Fury built by MotorcycleUSA.com will be featured at each of the tour stops, located at the MotorcycleUSA.com Voting Center, next to the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show. The winner will be selected at the conclusion of the tour. Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show coverage and results will be posted at www.Motorcycle-USA.com.
The next Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show competition will take place at the Seattle Motorcycle Show Friday, December 16 through Sunday, December 18, at the Washington State Convention Center, in Seattle. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit www.motorcycleshows.com.